27 Apr More strategic Open Innovation
Here is an article by professor Wim Vanhaverbeke on the need of moving towards a more strategic Open Innovation approach. Therefore, he considers necessary to integrate it into corporate innovation strategies. Likewise, he points out that Open Innovation should not be limited to the development of new products. This means that it can be useful for a larger number of companies and should be used to develop new concepts or processes as well as services and products.
Strategic Open Innovation key points
- The need for the wider use of Open Innovation
- The importance of focus on strategy as a starting point
- The usefulness of opening new theoretical frameworks for Open Innovation
- The interest of managing innovation ecosystems as a new imperative
- The benefit of leverage collaboration with technology partners to build new internal skills